Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What Have I Been Doing Lately ?

Well, I haven't really posted much since Friday, other than a couple of small pieces, so I guess I should fill you all in on what I have been up to !!

On Saturday I basically did a lot of sitting in front of my computer. I needed to get myself up to date with my Web Design course, as well as catching up on some other things. Hubby was sleeping, after a night shift, and Chicky was out with friends at a festival. Hubby and I watched The African Queen on DVD in the evening.

On Sunday we were basically out for the day. Firstly, we went to Yarra Glen (about 35 minutes from home), to a 4WD Swap Meet. This is basically a trash & treasure market, with only car parts !!! Not much fun for Chicky and myself, but hubby found it interesting !! Next, we dropped by some friends who live not far from there. Spent a delightful few hours, chatting and then chatting some more. On the way home, we detoured via some other friends, who we will be going camping with next week. We visited with them for a couple more hours. We finally made it home around 7pm, after having left home at around 9am. It was a great day, the weather was wonderful, we had some good company.

Monday, I attended school assembly (like a dutiful mother !!), did some shopping, helped out an elderly lady in a retirement village with some typing (a weekly occurrance), took Chicky to netball training after school, then to her dance class. Came home, cooked dinner, played some more on the computer (whilst watching the Academy Awards).

Tuesday, I went to my parent's place, to help Mum with her new DVD burner ... unfortunately, her computer wouldn't recognise it, and I tried everything, but couldn't get it to go. She was going to get another computer-nerd friend to have a look at it & see if he has better luck. I made a huge pot of potato & onion soup for dinner (it was a coolish type day, and I love soup !!) In the evening, I went to my weekly painting class, where I completed another cat drink coaster ... here it is ...

I think it is the best one yet ... the eyes turned out great. The next three will be: a tabby (using my Bambi kitty as a model !), a black/white cat, and a white Chinchilla type cat. It has been great fun, so far, painting them, as my usual painting is done with patterns and instructions ... these I am doing all by myself (using a basic head shape outline !!).

Anyway, today I have done some scrapbooking, DVD burning, a small amount of blogging ... not much though, went and had my tax return done, had a friend drop over for awhile, caught up with a TV program I recorded last night, and did the school run (morning & afternoon ... which I do every week day !).

There you go, that's my week so far !!! I apologise for having rambled on (and on) about my daily activities ... it was simply something to write about. This is, after all an on-line journal, is it not ?!?!

What did you do today ???

Have a great week, take care,

MEOW

PS ... I have added a link, on my side bar, underneath my profile, titled "Pictures I Love", which is a bunch of photos that I love, with commentary, which I thought I might share with my friends ... you all !! It is a work in progress, with more photos being added here and there. Please have a look, if you like.



29 comments:

Greeneyes said...

HI
YOU MUST HAVE POSTED AS I WAS READING , YOU BLOG JUMPED AND A NEW ENTRY APPEARED , I GUSS THAT IS WHY I SCORED A TEN/TEN AM ALWAYS HERE ,,,,,HE HE MUST GO READ IT NOW WILL SEND EMAIL LOL
GREENEYES

Greeneyes said...

TOO BAD I CANT GET TEN OUT OF TEN IN SPELLING (guess)NOT GUSS !!
TTYL
GREENEYES

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Greeneyes ... 10 out of 10 ... that's so cool !
Your comments were there as I edited my post ... you must have been posting as I was !! Hows that for great minds think alike !!!
Have a great day, take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

Wow - you have a busy day ! - My day was much more sober than yours

a quick breakfast, worked till 5, fought traffic to get to my badminton club, played badminton, dinner, checked emails and now I blog

and I think I have a complicated life !

cheers

Meow (aka Connie) said...

True Blue Guy ... my day was just a normal one ... usually I fit in some housework, or washing, as well !! I'm just an ordinary mum, doing what mum's do !!
Did you win at badminton ??
Take care, Meow

Skye said...

You have an exciting day/ week. All I do is work eat sleep. :)

Skye said...

The pictures are great and very informative. I love your work.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Skyblue ... work, eat, sleep ... that would be nice, too. Sometimes I wish I had routine in my life ... instead I either get nothing done, or try and do too much ... no happy medium !!
Thank you for your comment about my pictures ... they are fun to do !!
Take care, Meow

Michelle said...

Beautiful coaster, looks like my cat, specially the eyes.
Look forward to the others :)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thank you, Michelle. Have you ever posted a pickie of your kitty ??? I would love to see it. Take care, Meow

Tree said...

I love the coaster! Beautiful job!

Kylee said...

You have been very busy!!!

I too have been busy...just not so interesting 8)

Granny said...

I've been intending to get over here to say hi. We keep running into each other at Susie's and I see you've found my buddy Alice.

I'll be back. I wish I know how to do those growing flowers and wiggling kitties.

You're so clever.

Dick said...

I find it interesting to read about your days. My last couple have been mainly spent driving from Yuma, Arizona to Tucson, but I did also buy a car on eBay. Now I have to get it picked up from Phoenix and figure out how to get it home to Mt. Vernon, Washington State. I think I will end my Snowbird trip after Life on Wheels next week and head home, then fly back to Tucson to drive the car (a Mazda MX-5 Miata) home. I'll have to leave Huggy home on that trip & have neighbors feed & care for her until I can get back home with the car.

Now to go explore Tucson.

eyes_only4him said...

well you have been a busy girl..

I love your kitty coster you made, so cute...

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Tree ... thank you. Each one I do is getting better, it is fun to paint themm !

Kylee ... I'm sure you have been interesting ... I'm certainly not. Just normal days for me !!

Hi Granny ... welcome. I have noticed you over at Susies, and Alices ... I'll be droppy by your place soon.

Dick ... your travels have sure been interesting. I think when my hubby and I retire, that is something we'd like to do. As for now, we try to take as many short trips as we can.

Bossy Britches ... thank you. I like being busy, makes the day fly (don't know, really, whether that's good or bad !!)

FTS ... thank you.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

I adore all your kitty stuff here,
especially your profile kitty!

Neo said...

Meow - Wow! You were busy! Too bad you don't live closer, I could have helped ya out with that DVD problem. :)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Tab ... thanks, I go searching the internet for new and wonderful kitty pics for my blog. There is heaps out there !!.

Neo ... thanks for the offer. I really don't know what the problem was ... when I bought my external burner, it just plugged straight in and worked. Mum's didn't want to be recognised ... wonder if it because of Windows 98 !!

Take care all, have a great day, Meow

Anonymous said...

i like hearing about your daily activities, and yes this is an online journal, written primarily for you, not us, we are incidental visitors into your unique world. so keep on ramblin.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Susie, and thank you. Ok, I will keep on rambling ... it's what I do best !!!
Have a great day, take care, Meow

JM said...

You have had a very busy few days.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Angel ... yep, that I have !! And I still haven't stopped !!! Have a great day, take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm tired just reading through that. Love the coaster. Is that a new header?

It is late and I finally got on the comupter. No post for me today, but tomorrow should be a whopper. Both blogs! Now I'm tired just thinking about it.

Mise en Place said...

Sounds like you've had a glorious few days. And your painting if very cool!

Thanks for the update.

Kyahgirl said...

what a great coaster. The eyes are lovely!


and man oh man, are you ever a busy, productive person. I'm impressed! :-)

Greeneyes said...

You are so talented , is there anything you cant do? I love the coaster and in fact it is to pretty to use as a coaster ! If I could paint like that I would hang it on a wall:)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!! I love that coaster. The color of the cat and the eyes are beautiful. Can't wait to see the others.

I enjoyed seeing your favorite pictures. A very nice looking couple in the midst of them!! Those cat pictures are darling.

Hugs, Connie

Meow (aka Connie) said...

DaybyDay ... thank you re the coaster ... it was fun to do !! No, it's not a new header, just added a picture to it !! Looking forward to reading your posts tomorrow.

Momyblogr ... thank you, too.

Kyahgirl ... thank you, the eyes are the best I've ever done ... I think the kitty looks really cheeky !!

Greeneyes ... thank you, too. I love to paint, but am still learning. I have a go at lots of things ... I am a jack of all trades, master of none !!

Connie ... thank you. I'm looking forward to completing the set of coasters, then I will give them all a border of some sort, lacquer them, and stick felt on the back. Glad you enjoyed My Favorite Pictures, also.

Take care, everyone, and have a great day. Meow xx