Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 03, 2006

Thank You From My Mum ...

After posting my happy birthday to mum post yesterday, and reading all the beautiful comments from everyone, I sent mum to look at my blog (which she regularly does, anyway), to have a good read of my post and your comments. When we went out to dinner last night ... Chicky, Hubby, Mum, Dad & Me ... Mum arrived quite annoyed at me. "Why did you make me read that, it made me cry !". She read it all just before leaving to meet us for dinner, and it made her quite emotional (that's not hard, really!!) ... but she loved it. She wanted me to say a big "thank you" to everyone for your wonderful comments ... you are all a great bunch of people. She also wanted me to share with you all a recent photo of her and dad (one of very few where she actually admits to liking herself in !!), so you can see what they look like now.

This photo was taken last New Years Eve, and it certainly looks like they were having a ball !! Don't they look just as gorgeous as they did on their wedding day ??? I think they do.

We had a gret evening at one of the local hotels. They have a smorgasbord type dinner available, at a very reasonable price. Don't know about you, but when I go to those "all you can eat" type places, I end up eating more than I should, and finish the night feeling really uncomfortable. Luckily I wore a loose skirt !!! I think the desserts are the best part of these places ... I just love the soft-serve icecream, with all the yummy toppings and sprinkles !!! (Yes, I am still a big kid !!!) We ended up having to leave around 9pm, as my hubby is on night shift, and had to start work at 10pm. Was great fun, though. We chatted about when mum and dad met in Germany, and stuff like that. Really nice.

Anyway, this post was basically to say Thank You from my mum, for all your comments and best wishes, and also for me to say the same thing. You are all wonderful, thank you.

Take care,

MEOW

21 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Oh I missed it. Happy birthday, Mum! I haven't seen them in their wedding (I wasn't there ;) but they sure look fine! And very happy too!

Anonymous said...

Your mom and dad are the cutest couple. They really do look like they have a blast together.

So glad you had a wonderful birthday dinner with her.

Many happy more years.
Hugs, Connie

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Devil Mood ... Thank you. Their wedding photo was on yesterday's post. They are a happy couple, and they have so much fun together.

Connie ... Thank you, they are cute, aren't they !!! It was a wonderful evening, too.

Have a great day, take care, Meow

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thank you, Sharon. We had a great evening. Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry, i missed your bday post to mum!!!! dang it. i hate when i forget to check things. and they are just as cute as can be, i want to pinch their face cheeks!! she is so pretty! i hope i look that good at her age. LUCKYYYY

Bar L. said...

They do look great - your mom is a knock-out and your dad is so handsome and happy looking. Lucky you! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Mise en Place said...

Girl, I'm with you on the soft-serve, LOVE IT!

And, your folks are STILL beautiful! You are very lucky, as are they.

Tell Mom, she is MORE that welcome and may she have many more.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

They do really look gorgeous. It makes me teary eyed as it reminds me the days when my dad was still with us. My mom is now all alone without him because they really had something between them. They had even reached their golden wedding anniversary before my dad passed away.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Angel ... you are sweet !!

Susie ... I don't know how they'd feel about having their cheeks pinched, but I know what you mean. She is pretty, isn't she ... then, and now too !!

Barbara ... thank you. I am lucky, they are gorgeous. And you are welcome.

Momyblogr ... yay, another soft-serve fan !! Thank you, I will tell her that.

Fridays Child ... I'm sorry my post made you teary eyed, and I'm sorry you no longer have your dad. That must have been devastating. Hope your mum is doing ok ... they had a lifetime together. I know you must be looking out for her.

Thanks again, everybody. Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

hey meow

They look very smart and dignified !

I am glad you had a good time last evening

cheers

Meow (aka Connie) said...

True Blue Guy ... thank you. Have a great day, take care, Meow

sonia a. mascaro said...

Your Mom and Dad are gorgeous!
They look very happy, too!
Belated Congratulations!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sonia, thank you. They are gorgeous people. Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet. Sorry i missed the earlier post!

happy birthday Meow's mum!! :-)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Mysterious In Blue & Kyahgirl ... thank you so much. Mum has loved all the birthday wishes, she feels extra special.
Take care, Meow

Kendra Lynn said...

Your mum is beautiful...and your dad is handsome...isn't it wonderful to see someone who's been married that long and see them smiling together??? I love it.

Kendra

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Kendra ... thank you. Yes, they are vey happy, and have a lot of fun. I am very lucky to have such youthful parents, who still love each other after all these (nearly 42) years.
Have a great weekend, take care, Meow

x said...

that's a pretty mama!
xx :)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Chloe ... yes, she is very pretty. Even after all these years, my dad still looks at her with those puppy-dog eyes of love. It is so sweet. Take care, Meow xx

jay are said...

What gorgeous parents you have.... nice genes to come from! :)

and that was very sweet what you wrote about your mom...it's refreshing to see that there are people still close to their parents and not estranged or in battle....

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Jay Are ... thank you, they are such wonderful people ... I love them heaps. We do lots of stuff together, they are a lot of fun. I couldn't imagine not talking to them, for whatever reason.
Hope you are having a great week, take care, Meow