Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My One Hundredth Post ...

Wow, this appears to be my 100th post ... at least that's what Blogger Dashboard tells me !! I think that's pretty exciting, don't you ?!?!

Today is Wednesday 22nd March, 2006, in sunny Melbourne, Australia. We are expecting around 28ÂșC today, with the next few days forecast to be in the 30s ... a lovely extended Summer in my part of the world. The weather has been glorious for the Commonwealth Games ... Go Aussies !!

I got a lovely surprise when I went to my letter box yesterday ... a package from DayByDay. It is a gorgous package, with all sorts of wonderful goodies in it. Have a look ...


DayByDay put together some great stuff ... now how did she know I loved cats !! There are some great toe-socks ... Winter is not too far away, they will certainly come in handy !! Some gorgeous earrings that she made ... check out her jewellery site, she makes some amazing stuff. Some beautiful postcards ... now I know what it looks like where DayByDay lives. Some yummy Michigan cherry-almond Milk Chocolate Wafer chockies, some Scooby stickers, a gorgeous "Meow" magnet, a bookmark, a hat pin, a sticky note pad and a daily planner (don't think I forgot anything !!). She also made an amazing card, with quilling ... such a clever artistic person, she is. Thank you, thank you, thank you, DayByDay. I absolutely love what you sent me. Your package is on it's way, in the next couple of days. I doubt Australia Post will be as quick as yours was, though !!

I decided to cook myself one of my all-time favorite meals today. I guess it is sort of comfort food, but it is really yummy. We call it Chow Mein, but it may not be anything like what you call Chow Mein. Here is how I made it ...

CHOW MEIN
1 pound mince beef
1/4 white cabbage - chopped
1 onion - chopped
1 dessert spoon curry powder (I add more .. yum !!)
3 teaspons sugar
2 cups water
2 soup spoons rice
1 packet chicken noodle soup
Seasoning to taste
Brown the mince and onions in a large-ish pot.
Put everything else into the pot, stir, bring to the boil, turn down to low, and cook for around 40 minutes (or until everything has collapsed and it is a nice mushy consistency, and the cabbage is no longer crunchy !!). Make sure you stir regularly, as it can stick quite nicely to the bottom of the pot (unless you have one of those fancy non-stick ones !!)

Anyway, it sounds kinda yucky, but is sooooooo yummy. Try it, I bet you love it !!

I'd better finish up now, as it is 10.30am, I haven't had breakfast yet (I have showered, however!!), and I need to do some housework. Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Take care,

MEOW

43 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely package!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thank you, Cathy. Hope you are having a great day. Take care, Meow

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. That package indeed looks great. You are being spoiled! :)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thank you, Cinthia ... it's nice to be spoiled, sometimes !!
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

dessert spoon curry powder is a new ingredent for me... I'll have to look into this.

Oh and your more then welcome... you do deserve it!

Heidi said...

It's wonderful to receive gifts when it's not your birthday. I get excited when I get free samples in the mail..lol

Have a great weds :)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

DayByDay ... Don't you have pre-mixed Curry Powder ??? I'll send you some !!! A dessert spoon is kinda like a large tablespoon, sort of !! Use it to taste, anyway !! You're a sweetie, thank you.

Heidi ... yep, it sure is fun getting surprise stuff in the mail. DayByDay is a wonderful person.

Take care, have a great Wednesday, Meow

JM said...

Congrats on the 100th!!!

Bristolcare said...

Hi Meow. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment.
Congrats on reaching 100

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Angel ... thank you.

Bristolcare ... thank you, too ... and you are most welcome. Yours is a great blog, lots of cool stuff.

Take care, Meow

Kylee said...

Congratulations on your 100th post - I enjoy them all!!

Kitty is dancing like a mad thing right now...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meow (aka Connie) said...

Kylee ... thank you ... kitty is happily dancing, she can't believe she has posted 100 times so far !!

Nicole ... thank you ... toe socks are fun !!

Take care, Meow

Jamie Dawn said...

Hooray for your 100th post!!

I took a look at your pics. I enjoyed scrolling down and checking them out.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thank you, Jamie ... there are still a few more photos I will be adding, but it's a start !!
Hope your day is going well.
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment earlier and put in the wrong name - silly silly me - many apologies, and very thankful I realised my error. Anyway, Happy 100th Meow, well done my friend.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Nicole ... I had noticed, but decided to not notice !! I figured it was a typo, as such !! Thank you very much, and no need to apologise!!
Take care, Meow

Chrixean said...

I love Chinese food so I don't think the recipes sounds yucky at all. Those are really nice goodies you got in that package. DayByDay42day was really sweet to send you those.
Hope all's well. Have a nice day!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Chrixean ... thank you, I'm just going to go reheat the leftover Chow Mein and have me some dinner ... yum !! And yes, DayByDay is a real sweetie, I hope she know that !!
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

Awesome package and the chowmein did sound delicious actually !

cheers

Meow (aka Connie) said...

True Blue Guy ... thank you, the package was awesome, and the chowmein was oh-so-yummy. We have polished it off now ... aaaawww. Hope your day is going well. Take care, Meow

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Nice things you got there. Your recipe seems to taste good. Have to try it some other time. Just copied it for later use.

Michelle said...

Cool pressie :)

Love Chow Mein..Mmmmm

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Fridays Child ... it is very yummy ... let me know when you make it, if you like it !!

Michelle ... thank you. Yep, Chow Mein is yummy, except I've eaten it all ... none left ... pooh !!

Take care, Meow

Saur♥Kraut said...

Congratulations on your post! I'll check out the link; I make jewelry too.

kimananda said...

Well, I've been at your site a couple of times before, but I think your 100th post deserves a comment! Congratulations! :-)

And what a wonderful package...I'm envious that you're in a hemisphere where you don't yet have need for toe socks!

Anonymous said...

dang girl, you're getting so popular i'm nowhere near first anymore.

LUCKY, look at that package of stuff, but I liked yours. and i'm still listening to your music, i'm singing it around the house, and dyl is telling me to stop. that boy needs his head examined!

Darlene Schacht said...

I'm wondering if and when I had my 100th post... Enjoy your package while I think about it. I looooove your dancing cat. I'll say that a million times I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! 100 is something!!!!

eyes_only4him said...

wow, what a nice surprise huh?..I was gonna send you some kitty stuff..when the weather ever gets warm enought hat i can leave my house..teehee..

but spring is in the air..i hope thats it and not the bird flu..oh well..

happy 100!!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Saur ... thank you. Have you posted pickies of your jewellery ??

Kimananda ... thank you for visiting. I've dropped by yours a couple of times, too.

Susie ... I can never be first on yours, either. Glad you enjoy the music I sent you, it is all good fun.

Darlene ... Blogger Dashboard keeps count of how many posts you've done. Thank you, dancing kitty sends you a prrrrrr.

Franc ... thank you, and thanks for visiting.

Bossy Britches ... hope the weather is improving, and that you are feeling better.

Take care all, have a great Thursday, Meow

Greeneyes said...

Hi there
wow 100 th post , wonderful sent long email today ,

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Greeneyes ... thank you. Got your email ... so cool. Will reply soon. Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Meow..
from kitty cats,care packages to chow mein recipes..lol
Cool and Thanks for sharing!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Tab ... thank you much, what a compliment. I enjoy sharing ... even though what I might share might not be overly exciting, I hope it puts a smile on someone's face. Take care, Meow

Tree said...

Happy 100!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thank you, Tree. Hope you are well. Take care, Meow

LZ Blogger said...

Very cute site! ~ jb///

Meow (aka Connie) said...

LZ Blogger ... thank you very much. I dropped by your blog, also, and left you a message. Thanks for dropping by mine. Take care, meow

Unknown said...

That Chow Mein recipe doesn’t sound yucky, it sounds great! I’m going to give it a try—and a taste

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Nick, thanks for dropping by. The Chow Mein recipe is oh-so-yummy ... I hope you like it, too.
Take care, Meow

Granny said...

Very belated happy 100th post. Thought I had added you to bloglines but I hadn't and I still have figured out the blogroll. Someday.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Granny ... thanks you ... better late than never !! Take care, Meow