Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, January 26, 2006


Well, my Australia Day has nearly come to an end. I am just about ready for bed.

It has been another day of extreme weather for Victoria ... the temperature reached around 41C. Late this afternoon the wind started ... very strong wind, I might add, my daughter thought the windows were going to blow in (so she shut the curtains ... as if that would help !!!). We had a short, heavy burst of rain ... enough to cause the guttering to overflow, and the drains to back up on the road. Then it was all over. It is really humid out there now, almost like being in a sauna ... I don't like the humidity, which is why I don't think I could live in northern Australia (holiday - yes, live - no !). There are fresh storm clouds approaching, so who knows what is coming. I just hope there has been, or there will soon be again, heaps of rain falling on the areas where there are major bushfires happening. These fires are threatening a few townships, which must be quite frightening. Here's hoping that there are no more lives lost.

I haven't done a great deal today. Slept in, watched TV, played on the computer, went shopping, made yummy Tacos for dinner, played on the computer some more. My husband worked (he was offered some overtime, so thought he'd take it on) - now he is snoring on the couch. My Chicky hung out with some friends, made a mess (as usual), went swimming, generally had fun. That was our day ... exciting, huh !?!?!

Hope your day was, or is, a good one.

Take care everyone,

MEOW


19 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

whoa whoa..the day just stared..haha

well here anyway..

hope you had a good aussie day there meow..too bad they dont have it on a friday so you dont have to worry bout getting up the next day..hahaha

JM said...

Much more exciting that my day!

Neo said...

Meow - Wow extreme weather. I'll trade you. It's freezing here in Philly and we're getting 30 mph wind guts. I'm waiting for the power in my office to go down.

That bumming around sounds good. 1 day to go til the weekend. WOOHOO!!

Peace,

- Neo

Neo said...

Meow -PS.. Thanks for the link. :)

I just linked to you as well. :>

Justine said...

that sure was a scary photo! intense.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Christina, I did have a good day, thank you. It is a shame they don't have it on a Friday. They used do it on a Friday or Monday, but a previous government decided it should fall on the actual day, and if it is not a weekend extender then bad luck. Oh well.

Angel, don't know about exciting ... relaxing, yes.

Lisa, please please please send us some rain. Our water catchments are down to 57% ... not good.

Neo, very extreme weather ... a record breaking January, they tell us. Many areas had power down last night, due to the major wind and lightning storm. Thank you for linking me, too.

Justine, it wasn't my photo ... I borrowed it off a photo collection on the internet. You wouldn't get me that close to a fire ... no way.

Hope you all have a great day. Take care, Meow

Cathy said...

sounds dreamy...
I am suddenly wishing for summer.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Cathy, the heat we are having is too intense ... not used to it being over 40C so often. I think I'm almost ready for some cooler weather ... wanna swap ???

Skye said...

Hi Meow! ok, I'll be quiet and step back out, night.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Skyeblue2u, don't run away yet. It is now tomorrow, and I'm up and playing again !!! Have a good one, Meow

Mise en Place said...

Your day is at it's end but it sounded relaxing....and my guy snores in his chair! LOL

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Mine does that regularly, too. Annoying / amusing, isn't it !!! Have a great day, Meow

Jamie Dawn said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a nice, relaxing day.
I hope those fires get under control soon. That is so scary and so much is lost in wildfires.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Jamie, it was a nice day. Today, Friday, has been similar ... I love school holidays !!! We have had some rain today, so hopefully that is helping the fires, but we have also had some major winds, particularly last night. Must check out the website to see what is happening. Take care, Meow

Viamarie said...

In contrast to your very hot & humid weather, here in the Philippines we were just visited by a typhoon. Been raining the whole week. Hope weather improves tomorrow so we can plan activities outdoors. Hope you get more rains to stop the devastating forest fires.

Btw, thanks for the prayers.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

viamarie, wow, I'm glad we don't get typhoons in Victoria. It would be nice to have more rain, though. The fires appear to be mostly under control at this stage, as we have had some rain this afternoon. MOre high temperatures forecast for the weekend, though, so the danger is not yet over.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Connie, it's weird, isn't it, when you have the time to relax and do nothing, but feel guilty doing it. That is so wrong, I reckon. We should enjoy relaxing, and be comfortable in the knowledge that our bodies are probably calling for that relaxation !!! (What did I just say, does that make sense !)
Take care, yourself.
Meow

Kyahgirl said...

have a great weekend :-)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks, Kyahgirl, I hope to !! You too !!!