Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 04, 2006

My Blogging Place ....

Thanks to Cathy, Chloe and Connie, I was inspired to take a photo of my computer work area. As you can see, it is very congested ... there is more stationary than can be found at Officeworks !!

I work on a laptop, however I have a cordless keyboard and mouse, so when at home the laptop is basically just a monitor and hard-drive. It has been (sort of) tidied up, so there is actually a tiny bit of desk top showing !!

The window (you can only see the curtains !!) has a nice view of our backyard - an apricot tree which my cat loves to climb, and which lovely colorful birds regularly visit.

On the desk, to the right is my Canon Multifunction printer - it prints, copies and scans. It is a fabulous printer, and does amazing photos. I am very happy with it. Under that is my DVD burner (the laptop has a CD burner installed, as well).

My husband and daughter bought me the beautiful, big, comfy, leather chair for my birthday last year. I could fall asleep on it, it is that comfortable (the cat uses it at night, she thinks it's OK, too!!).

OOoops, I think I need to empty my rubbish bin under the desk ... naughty me, it looks ready to overflow !!

The pile of paper to the left of the keyboard are bills that need paying ... better get onto that, one of them is my car registration ...$546.20, thank you very much !!!

Now, although I work (and play) in a very busy looking area, I like it that way. My whole house is somewhat busy (although not as untidy as this area!). I get lonely if there is nothing around me.

Now, I will continue the challenge ... What Surrounds You ???

Have a great weekend everyone. Take care,

MEOW

17 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Hey, that looks like a really comfy chair!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Jennifer, it is, it is !!

Michelle said...

$520 for rego, sista you got out of that cheap!!! Try $650 plus here in the Sunshine State!!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

OMG, that's highway robbery !!! Another thing the states don't agree on. Hope your weekend is going well, Meow

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Connie, and thanks. The chair can lean right back ... wonderful for a mid-afternoon snooze LOL :-)Have a great weekend, Meow

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks, Lisa. It is in the family / dining room, so I am never alone ! I am looking forward to getting a bigger, better desk one day !

Meow (aka Connie) said...

BTW, Lisa, like your new picture. Butterflies are so peaceful. Take care, Meow

Suzy-Q said...

Your space looks very nice, as mine does now that Joe tidied it up last week! I love my lap top but just hat lugging it around to work every day.

Have a great week end!

Kylee said...

love the chair... I need one of them. Great spot!!

x said...

and i love the laptop! lucky meow. xx

Meow (aka Connie) said...

AJ, thank you. Luckily I don't need to lug my laptop around much, only when we go away (mainly to blog!! and to download photos, etc.).

Kylee, thank you, too. It is a nice spot, only as I said, too cluttered.

Chloe, I've had the laptop about 2 years now, but it is still doing it's job. It has a nice big screen.

DaybyDay, it is an extremely comfy chair, however when doing lots of straight typing, I need a lumbar support, as it doesn't support as well as a "typist" chair. I can live with that, though. LOL

Have a great day everyone.
Take care, Meow

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Susie, that's a great way to be. I love to sit anywhere with the laptop, but tend to sit at the desk. And yes, the chair does smell nice !?!?

Cathy said...

Yeah!
Thanks for showing us your space...yours looks similar to mine, in a way...
This is so fun!
xoxo

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Cathy, I really like my space, however I think I might add some more personal touches (like Connie's ... hers has stuffed toys, pickies, etc. - it was cozy). I do have photos on the wall above to the right, but they didn't come out in the photo ... wrong angle !!
Take care, Meow

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Meow, I like so much to see where you "meet" your blogosphere's friends.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sonia, it makes it all a little bit more real and personal, doesn't it, when you can see where others work and play.
Take care, Meow

Meow (aka Connie) said...

You could be right there !!! And lots of cupboards and drawers, too.
Have a great day, Meow