Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Alphabet Blogging - A Is For ....

Hi There,

Thought I might try a bit of Themed Blogging. I've seen something similar on a couple of blogs, as I was blog surfing today, but they were posted as weekly memes. This Theme I want to use each time I blog (I hope) !!

Ok, so what I thought I might do is what I am calling "Alphabet Blogging". Each post, whether it is daily, weekly, or whenever I get around to it (LOL) will be under the title ... Alphabet Blogging - A Is For .... (or what ever letter I happen to be up to). The post will be about one or more items using the particular letter. I aim to post about things pertaining to me, my life, my life, my loves ... simply something about my world.

Have a read, and please comment (if you wish to) and tell me what you think about this idea. If you like it, please feel free to use the idea, too.

So, here we go ....

A is for .... AUSTRALIA ...

Australia is the country I was born in, the country I live in, the country I love.

According to Wikipedia ...

"Australia, officially the Commonwealth of Australia, is a country in the southern hemisphere comprising the mainland of the world's smallest continent, the major island of Tasmania, and numerous other islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.N4 Neighbouring countries include Indonesia, East Timor, and Papua New Guinea to the north, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia to the northeast, and New Zealand to the southeast. Australia is the only single country to occupy an entire continent.
The Australian mainland has been inhabited for more than 42,000 years by
indigenous Australians.[4] After sporadic visits by fishermen from the north and then European discovery by Dutch explorers in 1606,[5] the eastern half of Australia was later claimed by the British in 1770 and initially settled through penal transportation to the colony of New South Wales, commencing on 26 January 1788. As the population grew and new areas were explored, another five largely self-governing Crown Colonies were established during the 19th century.
On 1 January 1901, the six colonies became a
federation, and the Commonwealth of Australia was formed. Since federation, Australia has maintained a stable liberal democratic political system and remains a Commonwealth realm. The capital city is Canberra, located in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). The population is just over 21.3 million, with approximately 60% of the population concentrated in and around the mainland state capitals of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide."

This is the Australian Flag ... note the beautiful Southern Cross depicted thereon.

This is a map of Australia ...

A is for ... ADVENTURES ...

My family and I love heading out into this gorgeous country of ours, travelling and exploring, on what we call our Adventures. We have had a few already, the longest one being for just over 7 weeks, exploring Far North Queensland's Cape York Peninsula.

A is for ... ANNIVERSARY ...

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary on December 4th ... whoo-hoo.

A is for ... ATTITUDE ...

Something my 14 year old daughter has plenty of !!!

A is for ... ALL DONE FOR NOW ...

So, what do you think of the idea ... it seems workable ... hopefully I can come up with something more interesting than what I wrote this time around !!! Oh well, trial and error !!

Anyway (hey, that's another A !!), I had better sign off now. We are heading off in the morning for a week's camping. Can't wait. We are pretty much sorted and packed ... just got to put the last few things in the car in the morning (food and clothes and toiletries). It has been raining and windy most of today, hopefully it will clear up tomorrow ... fingers crossed.

Have a great week everyone, and I will try and drop back to post and visit during the week.

Be good, and take care,

20 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A very good idea for a running theme, Connie. Look forward to seeing more.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

And a country I love and even though I am not living there... will always be my first and only home...

JM said...

Hi there.
Australia is a place I would love to visit.

Peter said...

G'day Connie, this is a great idea BUT I'm glad its you who will be working out what to post for some of the more difficult letters like
J, K, Q, Z, X, V. good luck, hope the Grampians trip goes well.

Merle said...

Dear Connie ~~ Good post and a good idea.And I am sure you can and will come up with those difficult letters. Thank you for your comments about that lovely picture I posted - I love it and it would make a wonderful painting. For either your or my living rooms or both.
I hope you all have a great holiday in the Grampians and the weather is kind.
Take great care, dear friend,Love, Merle.

Nashe^ said...

"All done now!" hahaha....!

Puss-in-Boots said...

I thought it was a good post, Connie. Reading about our wonderful country is never boring.

Hope the trip to the Grampians goes well. Looking forward to the photos.

Drive safely.

Hugs.

Unknown said...

Australia is an excellent "A" with which to begin!

Greeneyes said...

Hi Connie,
I love looking at your swap cards ,so cute ,what a collection ,must brring back a memory or two looking at them ????;-)


A is for Australia , you lucked out there didnt you , the first letter HAHA , what a neat idea , and everything you write is interseting !!!! I LOL when i read the Attitude part , shehas a TUDE huh , perfectly normal , and perfectly norm to wanna squish her sometimes cause of the TUDE!!!!LOL I have been there !!

I really hope you enjoy your time away , it is early fall here and you are as we know literally on the other side of the planet so I am guessing it is warming nicely for you right now ??
YOU LUCKY KITTY !!!YOU!
Hugs from across the Sea , I will meet you half way one day , get out your siut !LOL

Love and HUGS

greeneyes
Ps(i just looked up and realized I wrote a small novel , tee hee , sorry !)XO

Doozie said...

A could be for some really interesting things like Aardvark, Aereola, Armswag, Aluminum cans, All points bulletin, Ark of the covenant, and army of none.

Gwen said...

Hi Meow.
What a great idea and a novel way to blog.
You are a clever one ,hope all is well with you and yours.

LZ Blogger said...

Connie ~ I too love Australia. Our visit there even made us love it even more. It (in many ways) reminds me of America. Well... except for that driving on the wrong side of the rode thing! ^te he!^ ~ jb///

Cisco said...

Excellent info. SO that's what the stars represent!

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

That is a very cool idea. I liked reading about Australia. It was a good memory reminder of Australia's history. Have fun camping!

Dr. Deb said...

Loved the theme!!!!!

Saur♥Kraut said...

Hi hon! Good to see you again. Australia is such a wonderful country. I really want to visit it someday (or even move there!)

Anonymous said...

I think it was very nice... keep trying it.

Gina E. said...

You are a clever cookie!! I seem to have enough to waffle about on my blogs, but if I ever run out of stuff, I'll give this idea some thought!

Renae said...

Brilliant Blogging ;-)....love this post. Looking forward to the next one :-)

Gigi Ann said...

That sounds like a fun idea.