Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 14, 2007

Meow's Week ...

Hello Everyone,

I hope all you mums out there had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday (that is, if you celebrated Mothers Day yesterday ... we, here in Australia, did !!).

I had a wonderful day. I had a sleep in, then parked myself on the couch for a couple of hours and watched telly (Little House on the Praire, Brady Bunch, Who's The Boss ... all the fun, old shows !). It was nice, Hubby was asleep (he had worked a night shift overtime on Saturday night), and Chicky had a sleep in, too !! I had the TV all to myself, and no-one to bother me !!

We went out to lunch with my Mum and Dad (Hubby's parents passed away back in 1999). We went to a restaurant called "Lazy Moe's". OMG, the size of the meals is huuuuuge ... almost too much to actually get through ... we sure did try, though !! The food is really yummy, too, and there are so many things to choose from. I sure will be going there again, it was great. This time around I had Chili Con Carne ... yummy !! I haven't had this in ages, as Hubby doesn't really like hot food, and neither does Chicky, so I'd have to eat it all by myself (I guess that's not too bad, really !!). Mum, Dad & Hubby had grilled fish, and Chicky chose a bowl of Potato Wedges. It was all just wonderful. The dessert / cake was superb, too !!

I worked today, but it was only a short day ... 9 until 1.45pm ... not too bad !! Came home, did some laundry (I'm sure the dirty washing multiplies when I turn my back !!), cooking, and now blogging !!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I am going shopping ... it's my Dad's birthday on Wednesday. Gosh, I really don't know what to get him. Any ideas !?!?! After shopping, I am heading over to a dear friend's place, to catch up. We don't get to visit very often, due to our busy lives. I love her dearly, and really enjoy the chin-wags (chats) we have. Tuesday night I am off to a Tupperware party (one of my friends booked it at my party, and I want to support her ... that's what friends do, isn't it ... besides, I'm sure there is something else I want to buy !!!)

Wednesday is another work day, then over to Mum and Dad's in the evening to celebrate Dad's birthday.

Thursday ... grocery shopping, housework, laundry, etc., etc., etc.

Friday will be a sad day. We are off to a funeral. My cousin's wife's Mum passed away on Mothers Day, and her service is on Friday morning. We need to drive to Mansfield (about 20 minutes away from Bonnie Doon ... about 2 1/4 hours from home), as the funeral will be held there. I will be going with my parents, as Hubby will be sleeping (night shift) and Chicky will be at school. I guess I am representing my family !! It will be a long day, with a lot of travelling.

So, that's my upcoming week.

Do you have much planned ???

Take care,

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! That is terrible.... I have been feeling for a friend of yours and mine whose Mum passed away last year but for their Mum to pass away on Mother's Day of all days! Goodness... I'll have that on my mind for awhile now.

Glad you had a lovely day. Mine was much the same. Thinking of you.

xox Nic

Merle said...

Hi Meow ~~ Glad you had a nice restful Mother's Day and then a lovely outing with your parents. I
hope your Dad has a nice birthday.
Does Dad like chocolates, books,
slippers, toiletries or a garden gnome. Or a different item for te garden- I have a terrific kookaburra that I love. Probably no help, but I tried. Thanks for your message, Connie. Funerals these days are not always sad affairs, hope you get through the day and
it s nice you are going with your parents. Take care, Love, Merle.

Peter said...

The week sounds pretty good until you get to Friday Meow, so enjoy the good parts.

Anonymous said...

Your blog shows that you're one true cat lover!Happy Birthday to your Dad!You'll find all ideas about birthdays in my blog.Have a great week ahead!

Devil Mood said...

You've got a busy schedule ahead!
I'm glad you had a nice sunday, a Mother also needs some time for herself.
I never know what to get for my Father and his birthday's coming in June too, so I'll also appreciate any ideas hehe

Dr. Deb said...

Had a wonderful day here. Hope you did too.


xo,
Deb

Val said...

What about a Bunnings gift voucher for your dad? Men love Bunnings (and some of us ladies too!).

Unknown said...

Hi Meow! Took Mom out to dinner and my 4 cups of tea kept me up all night when I got back home. But otherwise it was good.

Lee said...

Boy! I'm puffed just from reading all that! ;)

How sad your friend's Mum-in-law passed away on Mother's Day.

Sounds like you had a great lunch, Meow...I love Chilli con Carne too. Ummm...that might be on my menu one day this week! ;)

Gattina said...

My motherday was not bad either ! I found this wooden scarved cat on the table (you saw it probably on my blog together with the again sleeping Arthur) which Mr. Gattino had choosen for me for being a good cat mother and at 12 (usually my sons time to get out of bed on weekends) a phone call from him from Amsterdam. In the afternoon I went with a friend to an exposition of Picasso, Miro and Goya and then of course sitting on a terrace and chatting, was a really nice day !

Greeneyes said...

Meow,

A very Happy Birthday to your Dad ,and many more .... .on wed. Hmmm what to get him , hard one ,,,but I bet anything you get him hed love ,I bet he already has one of everything LOL good luck .!

sounds like you had a nice relax watching tv , and no fight over the
remote LOL
OOOOOOOh I love that but it doesnt seem to happen alot , well here anyway .

Glad you had a good Mothers day, and a good "MUGUP" sounds yummy .
Sorry to hear about your cousins wifes Mother , and on Mothers day , so sad isnt it ,rough day ahead .

Take care friend from across the Sea

Greeneyes

Pear tree cottage! said...

Meow, your mothers day sounded like the best! no one to try and take the remote control off you and just relaxing on the lounge.

I am so sorry to hear about the funeral this friday and will be thinking about your family.

Have you had rain it is here and I am so pleased to see it come down now two mornings in a row......a record for here at the moment.

see you agian real soon. Lee-ann

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Well, it was nice to catch up with what's going on in your life, Meow. As you know from your visit to my blog I've been busy being Grandma the last week.

So sad that your cousin's wife's mother passed away on Mother's Day, of all days. Travel safely, my friend.

Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Love and hugs,

Diane :-)

Jeanette said...

Hi Meow sounds like you had alovely relaxing morning
So sorry about your friends Mother.
Ihad a lovely day also.
Take care stay safe on the road traveling...

Justine said...

One year I got my Dad a roll of different coloured electrical tapes, because I was at a bit of a loss and was a student so didn't want to buy anything too big, and he thought it was the best present ever. He looked at me, amazed, and said, "How did you know this was exactly what I was after?"

Big week for you.
I hope its a 'good' funeral, you know what I mean. They can be good sometimes in a way, although always sad.

david santos said...

It places fhoto of Madeleine in your bloggue


Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800555111 Please Help

Renae said...

AWWWW, sounds like you had a terrific mothers day. Also sounds like a busy week ahead. Happy birthday from Canada to your dad.
So sorry about the funeral you are about to attend.It's loving family members like you who help people get through this time. Enjoy your week, and prayers being sent your way to your cousin's wife. Blessings!!!

Renae

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day and sounds like you've got a busy week there girl! I hope your Dad has a wonderful birthday and that it will be a true blessing!

Cafe Cats said...

Sounds like a busy week. So sorry about your friend. I have a funeral to attend tomorrow as well.

Happy CoT!

Tammy said...

talk about hot food...I just made salsa for supper earlier this morning...come on over!
;)

Jamie Dawn said...

How sad to lose a mom on Mother's Day. It's bad to lose a mom at all, but for your relative to lose a mother on Mother's Day just seems even worse.

I am glad your Mother's Day was filled with family and yummy food and lots of love!!

x said...

you deserve the best mother's day.
i got flowers and a card and i also gave my mum flowers and a card.
my dad is jealous and keeps asking if we are going to celebrate father's day too (father's day is not a big deal in greece)
xx

Puss-in-Boots said...

Sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to, Meow. That's a bit sad. However, you sound very busy...do you have to write down everything that you are supposed to be doing? I have to, otherwise I'd miss things.

Don't overdo it. I have tagged you, see my latest post.

Hugs

Cisco said...

Sad thing to happen on Mother's day.
Sounds like you are going to be very busy though...
Happy Birthday to your Dad.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I'm glad that you had a good Mother's Day. Sorry about the death in the family though.

Susie said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day. I haven't been to a Tupperware party in years but still have some I purchased more than thirty years ago!
:)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Meow! I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day (belated).
(((Many hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I too had a nice mother's day. Maybe not as peaceful as yours, but just as wonderful spending time with mum.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Sure sounds like you have you week planned out for you.

Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!

So sorry to hear about your cousin's wife. You have my prayers.

Take care,
Connie

Clare said...

Hi Meow

Sounds like you had a lovely, relaxing Mother Day :). Hope your dad enjoyed his birthday and that Friday goes okay for you. I'll be thinking of you and your friends.

Clare

Gwen said...

Hi Meow.
Glad our Mothers Day went well for you,and you were able to hog the
tele.xx

LZ Blogger said...

I am not sure that I knew we celebrated Mother's Day both here and downunder on the same day? ~ jb///

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's always a pleasure to receive so many. I am horrified that I haven't been replying individually lately ... I am so terribly sorry. I hope to get back into the swing of things again.
Thanks again.
Hugs to you all, Meow