Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, February 29, 2008

A Poem

I just received this poem in an email from a friend, and I knew I just had to share it. I know many of you can relate ...

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer "yes."

He told me to get off my backside
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work...
I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site
That I got SO way into...
I was into it all night. ((sigh))

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.


Take care,

15 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I should think many can relate to that?

Devil Mood said...

heheheh fun!

Enjoy your Mom's birthday,hope she has a wonderful day!

dragonflyfilly said...

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH, that sounds just like something that happened to me!

and yes, happy birthday mom of Con!

cheers for now,
pj

Merle said...

Hi Connie ~~ Loved the Poem, thanks.
I hope your Mum has a lovely birthday
My daughter turned 48 today. We spoke on the phone as she lives in Gladstone, Qld. Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Meow, I am back! Have to get used to the blogging world again, but looking forward to it. (Can't remember my username /password combination, so am "anonymous" for now! Megzmum

Puss-in-Boots said...

Sounds like my place. I don't have dust...I have dirt heaps. It's too bad, isn't it?

Happy birthday to your mum. I hope she has a lovely time.

Take care.

Peter said...

Hi Connie, you shouldn't have written a poem just for me... but thanks anyway.

Unknown said...

That poem!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Who has been spying on me?

Gina E. said...

LOL! Some people are so clever...wonder who wrote that? Probably someone just like us who reads and writes blogs...

Renae said...

Hey Connie. LOVE the poem !! That is so true isn't it. Many Blessings to you for a wonderful relaxing week !! Cheers !!

Saur♥Kraut said...

I sure can relate.

My house is quite a mess
Of that I can confess.

;o)

dragonflyfilly said...

Hi Meow,
March 11th ~~

your music is not working

later,
pj

Dr. Deb said...

Connie,

I saw the cutest cat on my calendar today and it made me think of you. So I HAD to come by and see how you are.

XX,
Deb

Dick said...

Hmm, that does sound familiar. Did you write it or find it somewhere during your browsing online?

Unknown said...

There used to be a TV commercial over here about a wax with a sarcastic sounding TV character singing this: "Wiping and shining!/Wiping and SHINing...WIIIPIIIING........and....Shiiiniiiing!"
(It's hard to sing on a Blog Comment)! :)