Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Going Away Again !!!

Hello Everyone,

It is the 30th June, the last day of another month, and also the last day of the Australian Financial Year ... yep, that means we can all go out and get our tax returns in, and hopefully get a nice refund ... fingers crossed !!

It is also the first day of the school holidays in Victoria, which mark the end of Term 2 (or First Semester). Yay, two weeks of not having to make school lunches, and all the other rigmorol connected with getting a child off to school in the morning !!

So far, we've had a fairly busy day ... first thing this morning I had to take my kitty to the boarding cattery, as we are off in the morning for a week at Bonnie Doon. Then, Chicky had netball (unfortunately they lost ... boo-hoo!). After that we quickly rushed home, got changed, and headed into Eltham for a Book Launch ... a friend of Chicky's has had a book published ... she is 11 years old. It is a book of poetry and short stories, and is delightful ... she's going to go places, that girl. After all that, we arrived home around 4pm ... phew, I'm plum tuckered out !!

Since coming home, I have sorted washing, organised stuff for the week, packed, gone out to KFC to pick up some dinner (too lazy to cook !!), and am now sitting here, writing this post. The rest of my evening will probably be spent in front of this computer, fiddling around, visiting blogs, computer housekeeping ... I have finished my packing for our week away (other than the food, which I will do in the morning). Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is on the telly, in the background.

Got the fright of my life last night. About 2.30 in the morning, our telephone started ringing. Of course, on this rare occasion, I hadn't replaced the cordless phone on it's cradle (which is beside my bed, part of a clock radio), so had to push the cat off me, get up, and run in the dark for the phone .... of course, I missed it ... darn it !! By this time I was wide awake, and struggled to get back to sleep properly. I must've, though, as I awoke with a fright again at around 4am, the phone had started ringing again (I had replaced it in it's cradle last time I got up). I snatched up the receiver ... hello ??? It was my mum, from Cologne in Germany (I think I mentioned that they were going over for a 7 week holiday ... they left last Wednesday). Silly dad got the time conversion mixed up ... he thought it was 4 in the afternoon ... ummm, nope, 4 in the morning, thank you very much !! After apologising profusely, to which I kept saying not to worry, it didn't matter, I was just happy to hear from them, she told me what they'd been up to. They had spent the past few days exploring Cologne, and having a lovely time. There were going to be picking up their hire car today (Saturday) and heading down to Coblenz (spelling ??), where they were going to take a day cruise on the Rhine. Originally, they were going to take one from Cologne, but were advised that it would be prettier from Coblenz, as it is not as industrial as Cologne. They sounded extremely happy, and I was excited to hear from them (although it was 4 in the morning ... LOL). I hope they continue having a wonderful time. I miss them heaps, though !!

It is continuing to be cold and damp here in Melbourne ... it started drizzling again this afternoon. There is nasty flooding down Gippsland way, where earlier this year there were bushfires !! What is this world coming to ... one minute hot and burning, next cold and flooding ?? Go figure !!

Anyway, enough from me ... Hope you are all having a brilliant weekend, and have a wonderful week ahead. I know I will ... relaxing at Bonnie Doon (I am taking my painting, crochet, cross-stitch, lots of books to read, and a heap of DVDs to watch.). Will write again soon.

Take care,

25 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Connie ~~ Good for you - a week at Bonnie Doon !! I hope you and your family have a wonderful week and that the weather is kind to you. Thank you for the comments about the photos - I hope to post more, before I forget how. I have had a great time with
family visitors. Take care, Connie,
Have great week, see you when you get back. Enjoy !! Love, Merle.

Kylee said...

Have a great time!!

Ok that phone call - Those are really scary

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Have a nice time. I finally was able to put up the guestbook.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Sounds like you have plenty to do this week. Enjoy your holiday at Bonnie Doon. :-)

Glad your parents arrived safely and are enjoying their vacation in Germany. I hope they take lots of pictures to share with you so you can share with US. ;D

Love and hugs,

Diane

Carole Burant said...

Nothing worse than getting a phone call in the middle of the night...always makes one think it's bad news!!! Glad it was just your parents not realizing what time it was there! lol Great to hear that they're having such a wonderful time. Have fun on your week away...sounds like you have everything under control:-) xox

Anonymous said...

KFC in Aussie next you will be telling me you have Taco bell too!
Which by the way is what we had because I too didn't want to cook.

Lee said...

You'll already be settled into Bonnie Doon as I write, Meow...I'm sure you will have a wonderful, relaxing time. See you when you get back. :)

Cecil said...

Meow, Have a great holiday! Hope all goes well and you come home refreshed and relaxed! Have lots of fun!

Gattina said...

Your parents are just in the region of Germany I know the best, because I lived in Bonn which is just besides Köln and my parents afte my father retired lived a few km from Koblenz ! The Rhein I know very well and when I was a child you even could swim in there. Not today anymore of course, pollution ! It's a very beautiful area and so many castles along the Rhein. Unfortunately the weather is not good there at all, it rains a lot for the moment hopefully it will get better now in July !

Val said...

That must have been such a relief to find out the call was from your parents who had made a miscalculation with the time - won't be the first time that's happened!

I hope you're having a good time at Bonnie Doon and that there is some more water there.

I'll be posting about our train trip to Adelaide soon.

MzAriez said...

I'm new here. Love the cats!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Connie. Have a wonderful week at Bonnie Doon (I'm envious!).

Glad your parents are enjoying their trip...hope your dad get the time zones right next time...heheh!

Take care

Hugs

Heidi said...

Have wonderful time! I'm sure you'll have lots of pics to show us on your return.

OMG the 4am phone call ..I had to giggle /4 in the afternoon ;)..Glad it was all a mistake. hugs~

Dr. Deb said...

Have a wonderful time, Connie!

Anonymous said...

Wow you do keep busy! I so wish I could join you on this trip! I am so ready for vacation and for me it is still 2 weeks away!

As much as I love summer and the flowers all in bloom it has been so hot I would love rain and cold right now! I go out and the bugs eat me up! I am beginning to like winter better! LOL!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful trip!

Susie said...

Glad that phone call in the night wasn't bad news. I always dread those middle of the night rings.
Enjoy your time away!
:)

Clare said...

Have a fab time in Bonnie Doon, Meow.

We are having the same weather over here. Cold and rainy. There are also bad floods in the North of England with no sign of the rain easing up.

Look forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back :).

JM said...

Have a good time!!

Jamie Dawn said...

Enjoy your two week break!
We have Indepence Day to celebrate on July 4th.
Fireworks!!! Hooray!!!!

I'm glad that phone call wasn't bad news. Calls in the middle of the night can be startling.

Unknown said...

Meow! Well, it was the thought that counts!! Hope you caught Tom Jones on the Televised Concert for Diana!

Nikki Neurotic said...

Hope you are having fun at Bonnie Doon. And glad that it was a GOOD phone call in the middle of the night.

Belizegial said...

Enjoy your time in Bonnie Doon!

I just saw your earlier query on the music cd you are compiling. I would definitely prefer the MP3 format as this works on the computer where I can invariably be found these days:)

Happy summer,
Enid

Cisco said...

Just last night I was watching the original Mad Max and it made me think of you and the pictures you posted before of the location where the filming happened. That was when....

1978? Almost 30 years ago?....


WOW!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time!!!!

catsmum said...

everytime you mention Bonnie Doon I get a mental flash of the " Bonnie Doon Song" from The Castle ...
We're going to Bonnie Doon
We're going to Bonnie Doon
We're going to Bonnie Doon.....