Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Day, Another (hundred) Dollars !!

Howdy Friends,

It's only been a week since my last post, but here I am again ... whoo-hoo !!!

It's been a fairly uneventful week, not a whole heap to write about, but I'll give it a go, anyway !!

I've had a few crossings to supervise this week, and the weather was disgusting for a couple of them ... I got saturated, not happy ... but oh well, life goes on !!

I caught up with my dear friend, Melinda, for lunch on Tuesday ... we chatted, ate, and had a lovely time.  We need to do that more often.

I had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, a follow up for my sciatica problem.  He put me on stronger anti-inflammatories, gave me a referral for a CT scan, and told me to see how it goes before having the scan.  Well, I think it is improving somewhat, the pain isn't as bad, and doesn't last as long ... so maybe it's on the improve.  Will give it a few more days before deciding whether to get the CT scan or not !!

I enjoyed another fun crochet class on Thursday morning, and am working on a fancy square, a bit more complex than the granny squares we had been working on (which are becoming a seat pad/cushion ... see photo below !!).


I have been continuing to work on my scarf that I mentioned last post, but I have now also started a pair of fingerless gloves (really need them whilst working at the crossings ... gosh it is cold some mornings !!).  I have so far finished one glove.  This photo was taken in bad light with my iphone, but I think it shows what the glove is basically supposed to look like.  The bit over the hand is made of "puff stitches", but the photo doesn't really show this !!


I haven't done a lot of sewing / quilting this week ... seem to be lacking in motivation ... my plan for the upcoming week is to work hard on the latest quilt, which involves a lot of curves.  Photos forthcoming, when I have something to share !!

On Saturday night we went to the Teutonia German Club with my parents and some friends.  It was the Schuetzenfest (shooting festival) Dance, and the guys wanted to do some shooting in the shooting hall they have onsite.  There were some games, and competitions happening, and Baron and I did well, coming home with 5 critters (he won 3 shooting, and I won 2 in a ball roll game), and $100 (which I won with a "pick a number" competition) !!  Not a bad haul for a few hours !!!


Today is Baron's birthday ... we decided to go for a drive, the weather was holding out, it wasn't raining much today ... also, Elisabeth actually had the day off work, and needs to get more hours up before getting her drivers licence.  We drove over the Dandenongs, out through Mt Evelyn, and on to Warburton.  We stopped at a lovely Bakehouse & Tearooms for lunch, then continued driving out through Cockatoo & Emerald back to home.  It was a pleasant few hours, it is such beautiful countryside.  Guess who forgot to take photos, though !!!

Hmmm, can't think of anything else at this stage.  Doesn't really make for very interesting reading, I am sorry to say ... but, my life is not always very interesting, or exciting.

I hope you all have a fantastic week.  Will write again real soon.

Take care,

1 comment:

Merle said...

Dear Connie ~~ Well done on your crossings work in the cold weather - I hope you finished the other glove!!!
Also well done with your win
$100 is very welcome these days.
Thank you so much for your comments about my birthday photos. I sure had a lovely day and lots of them with visitors. Peter and daughter Vicki called in today on the way home to Q'ld. It sure was good to see them all and has given me such a lift in spirits.
The Ensure Plus is really wonderful too. Take care my friend, Love to you and your family, Merle.